Translate

Thursday 6 September 2018

Bread crumbs cake ♡♡♡





It's been a while since the last time I posted something. I had a very bad pain in my back and in my hip, so strong that I couldn't stand or walk for quite a while. I don't really know how it happened since it started after I was relaxing at home for two days and only recently I started feeling good enough to try go walk again.
The fact is that staying at home all day I couldn't keep my hands still and I started cooking and baking like a pro. Which means that I invented a couple delicious recipes to add into my little recipes book, but I also gained back all the weight I had struggled so hard to loose in the past months of diet and walking. But let's look at the half full glass and.. I invented very delicious recipes too! This time, my pride is this bread crumbs cake. Luckily I couldn't eat more than a couple of tiny little slices of it because my parents ate it in a blink of an eye (and gave a quarter to our neighbours to taste) and then the oven broke down. There is already a recipe or two of the bread crumbs cake on the internet but I checked and this one version seems to be brand new and only mine. I'll share the recipe with you at the end of this post, but if you want to bring it to your blog please ask me for the credits! 
Back to the walking, since I just recovered from my back pain (even if I'm not completely healed) though I would like to burn all the calories as fast as I can, I also don't want to strain myself with the long panoramic walks I used to do, so I chose to have much shorter and slower walks and, from there, to increase very gradually. This morning, for my daily walk, I chose the local market. I originally wanted to buy a nice dress to wear tomorrow for a sushi and karaoke night with my friends, but actually I was not very confident to buy something new. But right when I approached the marketplace I heard a voice calling my name. It was a high school friend, that I didn't see or hear from for almost 8yrs. She was with her mom who took me into liking, and chit chatting together I almost didn't look at the clothes and ended up without buying anything. Her mom, instead, found two nice blouses and had a discount on a third one. But for me, I didn't see anything special for a party night and at the same time fluffy enough to conceal the big sushi all-you-can-eat belly! Tomorrow I'm gonna search my closet, and maybe I'll go check an outlet. So I'd better go sleep to wake up early! 
Good night! 





♡BREAD CRUMBS CAKE "MY WAY"♡ 

Ingredients (note that the amount of liquids can vary considerably depending to the type of bread used):


1 sweet potato
100g walnuts
150g powdered stale bread 
3 eggs
300ml milk
100g raw cane sugar
1/2 glass of Bailey's 
50g dried raisin
3 teaspoons of powdered cinnamon
1 bag of baking powder
50 ml oil
Pinch of salt
powdered sugar for decoration 

Proceedings:

1) put raisin to soak in water

2)grease a baking sheet, cut the potato in small cubes without peeling it, mix the cubes well until they get greased too and bake them in the oven 200°C until soft. (Around 30mins depending on the size of the cubes)

3) in a food processor, mince the walnuts with a couple tablespoons of sugar, until you get something like a crumbly paste

4) once it's cold put in the food processor the potato cubes and process until you get a puree

5) in a large bowl mix together powdered bread, sugar, baking powder, salt pinch and cinnamon

6) now add and mix well together walnuts first and then potatoes. It must look crumbly but homogeneous

7) add the eggs and mix well.

8) add oil and mix well.

9) now add bailey's and milk until soft. It have to make a dough of the same consistence of yogurt. If milk and Bailey's are not enough to get to the consistence, you can add the raisin water. (If you're vegan you can substitute milk with raisin water, I don't know what you can substitute eggs with)

10) add raisin, mix well once again and then put in the mold. I use a silicone one to get a flower shaped cake, but if you don't have it you can use any mold with greaseproof paper on the bottom to pull it out easily afterwards. Bake in oven 200°C, for 45mins more or less. Make the toothpick test (= pierce with a toothpick to the bottom and if it comes out dry it is ready, if dirty or wet you need to wait a little longer) before turning off the oven. Before serving cover with powdered sugar. I suggest you to eat it after 12h at least for a more rich taste. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

♧ STAIRWAY GARDEN ♧

Hello and welcome back on my blog! Climate has changed, temperatures have dropped: it is winter already! With such a cold a...