Translate

Monday 17 September 2018

Muffins and Roses

It's been a while now that I'm not going to walk.
So the obvious consequence for me is cooking cooking and cooking. Even if the oven is broken. Even if I'm on a diet. That is just a challenge for me. And I wonder what is triggering this cooking thing.
So today I challenged myself to lighten and perfect my recipe of the bread crumbs cake, this time turned into microwaved muffins for a change.
Actually I did try this recipe a few days ago, because I needed something sweet to bring for a tea at my friend mrs.M.'s house, and this recipe somehow, seemed to have been quite a success among mrs.M and her husband. I decided to write down all my recipes in order to write a book sooner or later, and mrs.M supported this idea very enthusiastically, even showing me the book of an acquaintance of hers for an example. But I forgot to take a picture, so I took it today even if the recipe is slightly different this time. I don't know if I'll tell you my recipe because my microwave oven doesn't allow me to choose time and power and I'm still testing in order to find the perfect baking technique... but I'll see if I can do something at the end of this post.
Later today, I trimmed my small mignon roses plants. Unfortunately last week I forgot to water them for two days, two very hot days, right while they were in full bloom. And they burned the most of their leaves and buds. But luckily the main branches were still green so -as every time I make some mistake like this- I trimmed away all the withered parts and sprayed some insecticide for caterpillars and cotonose cochineal, of which I noticed symptoms. This way they should sprout stronger branches and buds and become bigger and beautiful.

This muffins look so messy because I used fresh blueberries (present of mrs.M.) instead of dried ones. But it is said that taste is more imortant than appearence... and they look upside-down because, well, I like the flowery shape on the bottom the most! 


Here's the recipe! As always, if you want to put it on your blog, ask me by message or comments and give me the credits! Thank you!


BERRY BREAD CRUMBS MUFFINS


Ingredients (for 5 muffins):

1 small organic lemon
60g bread crumbs (powdered)
50g raw cane sugar
1/2  banana (ripe)
1/2 whole milk
1 egg
2-3 spoons of olive oil
1 pinch of salt
1/2 bag of baking powder
1 handful of dried blueberries (or cranberries)
A few drops of rum essence or a splash of rum (orptional)


Proceedings:

1) grate the lemon peel in a big bowl and extract the lemon juice into a separated container.
2) in the bowl smash the half banana with the lemon peel until you have a puree.
3) in the order, add sugar, bread crumbs, baking powder and the pinch of salt.
4) add the egg and mix well.
5) add lemon juice and mix well.
6) add oil and mix well.
7) add milk and mix well.
8) optional add rum or rum essence and mix well again.
9) at this point the dough must have the same consistence of yogurt. If it's not soft enough, add milk or water until you achieve the right consistence.
10) achieved point 9, add blueberry or cranberries, mix summarily, and divide the dough between 5 microwave-ok muffin molds. Be careful to fill the molds just until one half of the capacity
11) baking; for LG microwave oven: function "bread", once, then function "cake" 2 or 3 times. Check with toothpick test. For common house oven: bake 200°C for 30-40 mins, check with toothpick test.

No comments:

Post a Comment

♧ STAIRWAY GARDEN ♧

Hello and welcome back on my blog! Climate has changed, temperatures have dropped: it is winter already! With such a cold a...