Translate

Wednesday 19 September 2018

The Library



Last two muffins left, a book to pick-up within 5days and a driving manual to study for getting the driving license. So yesterday afternoon I dusted off an old onigiri bento box that I bought several years ago, I packed my books and snack, and I took the opportunity to go to the library and study in peace. From home to the library: the longest walk that I took in a while. I wanted to do the walk back home too, but at the time I was on my way back, it was already dark outside so I took the bus. Also I wanted to take it slow in my recovery. But it felt so nice there! Silence and peace, yet surrounded by people. I love people and life, it charges my batteries everytime. 
I borrowed a book about ikigai, "The Little Book of Ikigai. TheEssential Japanese Way to Finding Your Purpose in Life" by Ken Mogi. Today I reached chapter 2, but only because I had to stop and study the driving manual, or I'd have read this book all at once. I'm very fond of Japanese philosophy, Japanese was my major at University afterall. And I also like this psychology-ish "self-help" books, because I think they can be very inspiring and show you things from another point of view. I think it is great that with libraries, anyone can read books, any kind of books, the book they need in that moment. 
On that Ken Mogi's book, on chapter two, the author suggests to wake up early in the morning, for several reasons. Actually my paternal grandmother too used to say "morning has golden in his mouth"(=the early bird catches the worm) to my dad all the time, even whithout being Japanese. And, starting tomorrow, I'll take the suggestion and try put more effort in waking up early since recently, I'm indulging in strange sleep/awake rythms too much

No comments:

Post a Comment

♧ STAIRWAY GARDEN ♧

Hello and welcome back on my blog! Climate has changed, temperatures have dropped: it is winter already! With such a cold a...