Translate

Friday 27 September 2019

♡ PURSLANE SAVORY PIE ♡






Last days of summer, I had a wonderful harvest of purslane, so I made this simple but delicious savory pie with it, and the good news is... you can cut it into pieces and freeze it into your freezer! When you don't know what to cook, you just take a piece out and defrost it in your microwave: it will be delicious, as just baked!



1. Wash your purslane (I had about 300g) and steam cook it for 10minutes.


2. Fry some onion until golden (depending on your taste. I used half onion)


3. When everything is cold, put them into a baking sheet with some greaseproof paper.


4. Make a liquid dough with 3 eggs, a spoon of grated pecorino or parmigiano reggiano cheese, 2 spoons of flour (I used 1 spoon more of corn flour because I had it leftover), 2spoons of bread crumbs (optional) 2 teaspoons of curry powder, 1 teaspoon of soy sauce, baking-powder and milk as much as needed to get to the right consistence.
5. Drop the dough in the baking sheet until all the purslane is covered.
6. Bake for 35minutes 200°C (check with a toothpick before turning off the oven) and... my trick is this: if it is cooked, I turn off the oven and leave the pie in overnight, or until the oven gets cold again. 😉

◇Tips: if you have it you can add garlic herb or chives, or even cooked nettle, they will give your pie an even more delicious taste! If you can't use diary products, you can use water with a spoon of oil instead of milk and skip grated cheese 😊 As always let me know if you try this recipe and if you like it! Thank you for reading! Wish you a wonderful week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

♧ STAIRWAY GARDEN ♧

Hello and welcome back on my blog! Climate has changed, temperatures have dropped: it is winter already! With such a cold a...