Translate

Wednesday 3 October 2018

Rusting off

Today I went to actually walking after a long time of recover.
Today I had the minimum 30mins walk. As I said, little by little.
After a long time resting, looking for a route no longer than 30minutes left me a little puzzled about where to go, at first. I wanted to see people, but at the same time I didn't want to enter the cemented area with its shops and filled with crowd that wouldn't allow me to walk at my pace and maybe would have judged me for walking around in sportswear. Today was a lovely autumn day: though the air was very cold, walking in the sun was still nicely warm. The park behind my place was filled with people, mainly families and little children. A few people were running in the sports area, and a couple of kids were playing soccer in the public soccer field, next to the city team training one. This summer and spring I used to walk in the sports area too but this time I didn't want to limit my walk on going round and round on the same track like a hamster on a wheel, so I coasted the park and its sports area. Aiming for the city's sports hall I saw a happy couple making a video with the phone: in the empty parking area, the girl was learning to ride the bike, and her boyfriend was running with camera on, trying to reach her on foot. They had the happiest look on their face. And their joy and love, in such contrast with the gloomy and neglected sports hall right behind them gave the little "pinch of salt in the sweet's dough" of this sight. The city sports hall was the middle point of my walk today, so I took some time to go near the building to look at it closer. I still remember when I used to go there as a little child to perform rhytmic gymnastics with my team: it looked so huge and I felt so important to be performing there! Now, plants are growing wild on the outside, rusted doors were closed well and it looked like the place was abandoned. I hope it is not, and maybe, for the sports season they would trim the trees and give a little varnish to the doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

♧ STAIRWAY GARDEN ♧

Hello and welcome back on my blog! Climate has changed, temperatures have dropped: it is winter already! With such a cold a...